Most Recent Update

BBQ Blog: 11-06-11; Cooking Blog: 11-03-11; Hold 'EM Blog: 11-13-11



Nov 6, 2011

Back-to-Basics

We (mostly me) got walloped this year on the BBQ circuit. Times change and my recipes did not. I think using old recipes contributed the most to my poor performance; although lack of practice did not help. A few people have suggested a back-to-basics approach. I like that idea and to me that means a few things:

1) Making my own rubs using simple recipes and ingredients. Searching for the next big flavor, has not worked for me. I’ll still use store-bought sauces for now, but don’t hold me to it.
2) Fixing my own stuff. I noticed that I had a lot of fun when I did my own repairs to the Raja and other things. While this won’t improve my cooking, it will get me into a mind set that I had when I used to win. I was more self sufficient and I think this helped with my cooking, and certainly my blogging.
3) Practice, practice, practice. I need to eat, so there is no reason why I can’t BBQ on the weekends and practice my craft.
4) Cutting my own ribs. This is mostly for cost and I may still buy St. Louis cut’s for contest. One side benefit of this is that I can also work on a chili recipe for the trimmings.

Good on ya….

PS. Check out the links at the top to the other blogs…

7 comments:

Chris said...

I think you have a wise plan for redesigning and reinvigorating your bbq game.

BBQErnie said...

At a minimum I am getting a lot done around the house...

Anonymous said...

This blog should be deleted. It's useless. A bunch of CRAP.

Download The Amazing Spider Man 2 said...

Download The Amazing Spider Man 2

Download X Men Days Of Future Past said...

Download X Men Days Of Future past

Download Transformers: Age of Extinction Movie said...

Download Transformers: Age of Extinction Movie
Download Transformers: Age of Extinction Movie 3D Flick

kacper@tastyquery.com/ said...

Hello!

I saw Your blog and I thought it had great recipes and awesome pictures! I therefore would like to invite You to our new culinary website which has just started.

This is how it works in short. TastyQuery.com is a website for food bloggers and their fans allowing them to automatically collect recipes from Your food blog. It's a large database of links to recipes on food blogs. Everyone can join us for free.

For more please visit:
http://tastyquery.com

TastyQuery.com is an English version of our main website called "Mikser Kulinarny", founded in Poland. "Mikser Kulinarny" has a large audience (over 2 mln unique visitors monthly) and with TastyQuery.com we want to repeat that success and drive thousands of new visitors to your food blog.

In case of any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards!