Most Recent Update

BBQ Blog: 11-06-11; Cooking Blog: 11-03-11; Hold 'EM Blog: 11-13-11



May 9, 2010

For the World is Hollow and I have Touched the Sky

I have a blog at work, related to some of whatever it is I do and like this blog I have not posted anything in a while. For the most part, it is because I don’t have as much content as I do for my personal blog. One of the things I did to hook readers in was to use titles from Star Trek episodes and other Star Trek related trivia, e.g. the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition. It kind of worked and so I thought I would try it here. There are more cool titles than I have content for my work blog so why waste them.

This weekend I used most of the “rib” recipe on the brisket. It came out pretty good; I underestimated the fat layer and did not trim as much as I should have. It was also a little dry. I had planned to inject a store bought garlic and Balsamic vinegar marinade, but it clogged the needle on the first attempt and was too thick to draw into the injector. I’ll either thin it out or go for the full “rib” recipe and use the sake, teriyaki and pineapple mix.

If all goes well, next week will be the third week in a row that I have used the smoker. I cooked ribs again this weekend, but did not try them out. I am bringing them in to work as part of an elaborate, food based protection racket that I appear to be caught up in. Things are shaping up for NH, assuming I can get there. The Blue Rajah won’t shift out of first so I need to get it looked at…



Good on ya,

4 comments:

Zack said...

You didn't even try them!!?!?!?!?!?!?

joven said...

hi, you have nice blog.. u can view also mine..http://akoniwares.blogspot.com

Medifast Coupons said...

I will repeat what Zack said, you didn't try them?!

ipcpack said...

Wow it is really great to see such beautiful blog Thanks Blogging! for sharing Keep Blogging!! thermal pallet covers