Most Recent Update

BBQ Blog: 11-06-11; Cooking Blog: 11-03-11; Hold 'EM Blog: 11-13-11



Oct 5, 2009

My Fish Cakes Bring all the Boys to the Yard


Fish Cakes
Originally uploaded by Ernie's Pictures
I made fish cakes (crab and shrimp) for the first time tonight using a recipe I found in this month’s issue of Cooking Light. It has a mustard crema sauce, which I modified. Instead of using the recommended mustard I substituted Dr. Gonzo’s Black Fly mustard and I chopped the parsley too coarse. The end result is that I get pockets of overpowering parsley in between a really good sauce. Next time, I’ll chop the parsley finer and probably put in a splash of the good Dr.’s pepper mash, along with his mustard, to give it a little kick.

The next modification (unplanned) was not beating the egg and egg whites before I blended them in with the rest of the ingredients. Consequently, the cakes did not hold together that well. I plan to serve them on a bed of baby romaine lettuce and Newman’s Own low fat ginger and sesame dressing for lunch this week. I tasted one and they did taste good, so I have to conclude that “damn right, their better than yours...I could teach you, but I would have to charge…”

Good on ya,

2 comments:

Amanda said...

This post brought a smile to my face :)

Tamil Home Recipes said...

Good post.